Culture, Fungus, BloodMain Content
Test Code: 4606
CPT Code(s): 87103, 87106, 87107, 87143, 87149
Includes: If culture is positive, identification will be performed at an additional charge (CPT code(s): 87106 or 87107 or 87140 or 87143 or 87149 or 87158).
The CPT codes provided are based on ama guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payor being billed.
Supply#: 152821 Bactec Myco F Lytic Blood Culture Bottle
Preferred specimen(s): 5 ml blood or bone marrow drawn into a Bactec™ Myco/F Lytic blood bottle
Transport container: Bactec Myco/F Lytic blood bottle
Transport temperature: Room temperature
- Room temperature: 48 hours
- Refrigerated: unacceptable
- Frozen: unacceptable
- Received frozen
- Specimens in EDTA (Lavender-Top) tube
- Specimens in Heparin (Green-Top) tube
- Specimens in Citrate, Acd Or Sps (Yellow-Top) tubes
- Bactec Plus aerobic/f (silver label with gray-top) bottle
- Bactec Lytic/10 anaerobic/f (purple label and cap) bottle
- Bactec Peds bottle
For additional supply or collection device information, please contact DLO's customer service at (800) 891-2917, option 2.