SureSwab®, Advanced Vaginitis Plus, TMAMain Content
Test Code: 10120
CPT Code(s): 81513, 87481 (x2), 87661, 87491, 87591
- SureSwab® Chlamydia trachomatis/Neisseria gonorrhoeae RNA, TMA
- SureSwab Bacterial Vaginosis DNA, Quantitative, Real-Time PCR* (Lactobacillus species, Atopobium vaginae, Megasphaera species, Gardnerella vaginalis)
- SureSwab Trichomonas vaginalis RNA, Qualitative, TMA**
- SureSwab, Candidiasis, PCR* (C. albicans, C. glabrata, C. tropicalis, C. parapsilosis)
Methodology: Dual Kinetic Assay (DKA) • Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) • Target Capture • Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)
- C. trachomatis RNA, TMA - Not detected
- N. gonorrhoeae RNA, TMA - Not detected
- Lactobacillus species - See Laboratory Report
- Atopobium vaginae - See Laboratory Report
- Megasphaera species - See Laboratory Report
- Gardnerella vaginalis - See Laboratory Report
- T. vaginalis RNA, TMA - Not detected (This test was performed using the Aptima® Trichomonas vaginalis Assay (GEN-PROBE®).)
- C. albicans, DNA - Not detected
- C. glabrata, DNA - Not detected
- C. tropicalis, DNA - Not detected
- C. parapsilosis, DNA - Not detected
Clinical Significance: To diagnose the causative agent(s) of vaginosis/vaginitis.
Test FAQ: SureSwab Trichomonas vaginalis RNA, Qualitative TMA
Supply: A03 APTIMA Vaginal Collection
19550(X), SureSwab Trichomonas vaginalis
10016, SureSwab Advanced Bacterial Vaginosis (BV), TMA
10121, SureSwab Advanced Candida Vaginitis (CV), TMA
10120(X), SureSwab Advanced Vaginitis Plus, TMA
Partially open swab package. Do not touch the soft tip or lay swab down. If the soft tip is touched, laid down, or dropped, discard and get a new Aptima Vaginal Swab Specimen Collection Kit. Hold swab, placing thumb and forefinger in the middle of the swab shaft. Do not hold the swab shaft below the score line.
Carefully insert swab into vagina about 2 inches (5 cm) past the introitus and gently rotate the swab for 10 to 30 seconds. Make sure the swab touches the vagina walls so that moisture is absorbed by the swab and withdraw swab without touching the skin.
While holding swab in hand, unscrew the tube cap. Do not spill tube contents. If the tube contents are spilled, discard and get a new Aptima Vaginal Swab Specimen Collection Kit. Immediately place swab into transport tube so that the tip of the swab is visible below tube label. Carefully break swab shaft at the score line against the side of the tube.
Tightly screw cap onto tube.
Specimen Transport and Storage:
- Vaginal swab specimens must be transported to the laboratory in the provided swab specimen transport medium and tube.
- Vaginal swab specimens must be transported to the laboratory at 2ºC to 30ºC and tested within 60 days of collection.
- If longer storage is needed, freeze at -20˚C to -70˚C for up to 12 months after collection.
For additional supply or collection device information, please contact DLO's Customer Service at (800) 891-2917, option 2.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payor being billed.