As a customer service representative at Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma (DLO), Carolyn Williams proudly serves DLO clients by making and receiving phone calls, sharing critical lab results, and answering client questions.
A DLO Customer Service Representative (CSR) will handle all inbound customer contacts received by telephone, electronically, in writing and in person. DLO CSRs will troubleshoot inquiries and follow-up with customers on issues that cannot be resolved immediately. DLO CSRs will also place outbound calls to clients in accordance with call log procedures and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles all customer inquiries received by telephone, fax, or email regarding reporting of patient results, inquiries of tests and services, concerns of service failures and other duties to provide superior service
- Report laboratory results to clients and patients using established protocols
- Document reporting or call history in required format and maintain complete and accurate records
- Contact the client to resolve routine matters related to patient testing and result reporting
- Report client concerns using established protocols
- Provides education and guidance to clients about DLO lab processes
- Understands the importance of Quality Service and how it is measured
- Escalates issues as appropriate using established protocols
- Leads by example in demonstrating “gold standards” behaviors
- Perform other duties as required to meet the customer requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous medical or customer service background preferred.
- Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills. Able to speak the English language clearly and effectively communicate to caller and peer group
- Demonstrated strong writing and composition skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong Problem Solving skills
- Demonstrated composure in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to follow company and department policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to operate basic office equipment and utilize proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated Integrity and a commitment to values