QuantiFERON TB Gold Plus (QFT-Plus), 1 TubeMain Content
Test Code: 36970
Methodology: Immunoassay (IA)
Clinical Significance: QuantiFERON®-TB Gold IT is an indirect test for M. tuberculosis infection (including disease) and is intended for use in conjunction with risk assessment, radiography and other medical and diagnostic evaluations.
Alternative Name(s): TB Gold, QFT Gold Plus, QFT TB, QFT Plus, IGRA
Supply: Q04 QuantiFERON TB Gold Plus Kit with specimen bag, Single Tube, Lithium Heparin (this kit must be used for all DLO QuantiFERON testing; do not use a different heparin tube)
Preferred Specimen: 6 mL whole blood collected in a lithium heparin (green-top) tube
Preferred Volume: 6 mL whole blood collected in a lithium heparin (green-top) tube
Transport Container: Lithium heparin (green top) tube
SPECIAL COLLECTION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Collect 6mL of blood by venipuncture into a lithium-heparin tube
- Gently mix by inverting the tube several times to dissolve the heparin
- Hold blood drawn into lithium-heparin tube at room temperature (17-25C) between 15 minutes and 3 hours after blood collection.
- Refrigerate at 2-8C.
- Place the specimen in the QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus gold collection bag and REFRIGERATE after at least 15 minutes at room temperature post collection. Sample MUST be refrigerated within 3 hours of collection.
- If sample is left in lock box, please utilize cold packs and follow standard protocol for specimen requiring refrigeration.
- Since QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus specimens require refrigeration, please refrain from utilizing lock boxes that may be exposed to extreme temperature (hot or cold) for long periods of time.
- Please call DLO's Customer Service at (800) 891-2917, option 2 to schedule a pick-up if necessary to maintain refrigeration.
****NOTE****The performing laboratory MUST receive the specimen within 48 hours of collection.
Transport Temperature: Refrigerated (cold packs)
Specimen Stability: Refrigerated - 48 hours
Rejection Criteria: Sodium heparing (green-top) tubes; QuantiFERON(R)-TB Gold Plus, 4 tube collection kit; Incubated specimens; Specimens recevied frozen
For additional supply or collection device information, please contact DLO's Customer Service at (800) 891-2917, option 2.